MELTRIC’s DECONTACTOR™ Series switch-rated plugs and receptacles combine the safety and functionality of a disconnect switch with the convenience of a plug and receptacle. Their exclusive design allows users to safely make and break connections under full load and provide significant protection in overload and short circuit conditions.
Their dead-front construction and enclosed arc chambers ensure that the load is safely disconnected, and that all live parts are isolated and inaccessible, before the plug can be removed. The Decontactor design guarantees that users are protected from
live parts and potential arc flash at all times while making and breaking connections.
Using Decontactors to connect equipment helps to protect users from electrical hazards
that are common with other types of connections.
Decontactor Series plugs and receptacles:
- Provide the safety of a disconnect switch wherever users must make or break connections.
- Eliminate potential exposure to live parts and arcing that exists with other plugs & receptacles.
- Provide protection against overloads and short circuit currents of up to 100kA with RK1 fusing.
- Provide a consistently reliable connection
that does not degrade with use.
Safely make/break connections, even during overloads
Decontactor plugs and receptacles are designed and rated to make and break motor loads in complete safety while providing users with significant protection in the event of overloads or short circuits. Special protective equipment and training are not required to make and break connections.
- Overload testing includes 50 opening and closing operations performed at 600% of full load motor ampacity with a power factor of 0.5 or less.
- All hp-rated Decontactor devices are rated to close into and withstand short circuit currents up to 100kA in circuits protected with RK1 fusing.
Note: Although Decontactor plugs and receptacles are rated to safely make and break motor loads, they are not rated or intended for continuous use as a motor starter.